The Five Lands

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cinque Terre! The most beautiful place in the whole wide world.  Five little villages strung along the coast of the Italian Riviera, connected by thin, steep hiking trails and dotted with colorful boats and buildings and the most beautiful ocean views you'll ever see. I loved it when I visited in 2005, and have dreamed and boasted about it ever since, so when some of my very closest girlfriends traveled all the way from Boston to visit, I knew I had to bring them there to show them the best that Italy has to offer.

We stayed in Monterosso al Mare in walking distance to the beach, and spent a full day exploring each of the five towns by train (and hiking). We had such an amazing time shopping, eating, and snappin' pics. I'll let the photos do the talking!




These girls are the best!

After Cinque Terre we headed up to the beautiful French Riviera, so I'll post pictures from that next. Jim and I are heading to Puglia, the heel of the Italian "boot" tomorrow, for a few days of seafood and beaching. More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).