Daily Rituals :: + Links

Thursday, January 30, 2014


I'm loving this book I received as a late Christmas present from my parents. Daily Rituals: How Artists Work. It's an adorable compilation of stories and writings by artists, about the little things they do to get them through each day as a creative. I love it because I love the little things in life, and I think they should be celebrated. I don't think repetition is always boring, I think the little moments you cherish each day are a part of how you're defined. The more you change and travel and switch things up, the more you need those little things to help reconnect you to yourself. As someone who has seen quite a few changes in the last few years, I admire the thought of people doing the same thing every day.  I don't have many daily rituals but one that I love and hope never changes is the particular pre-sleep snuggle pattern than Jimmy and I have developed. It's the most comforting thing I've ever known :).

What are some of your daily rituals?

----------------

Speaking of regularity and creativity, here are some great links, including how to stay physically and mentally organized and how to get your creative juices flowing!


I love Shannon's 15-minutes-a-day creative challenge! It can be so tough to make the time to pursue your creative efforts, but if you set a goal to start small, at the very least you'll have begun. I've been starting very small, trying to journal and/or read each night before bed, but next week I'm planning to amp it up by adding in some scrapbooking and DIY projects that have been on my list for ages.

Um. If you were ever a Full House fan, you just can't help but love this. It makes me chuckle every single time.

Jimbo and I live in a very small space. We've grown to love it dearly; the "coziness" keeps us very tidy. Here are some awesome tips on small living from Erin Boyle.

I'm glad that recently everyone is becoming more aware of our society's phone-addiction problem, and I loved Jarrid's 2014 challenge to divorce your phone. Count me in.

I love this journaling challenge - 31 days worth of great ideas to stimulate your writing from the Art of Manliness blog. 


From Art of Manliness again (obviously not for men-only, I love it!), here's how to effectively manage your attention.  Thank you! This seriously could not have come at a better time. My mind has been an explosion of thoughts lately. 




Tomorrow I'll be in San Francisco for work and then play - can't wait. Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).