Happy 4th!

Thursday, July 4, 2013


The 4th of July has always been one of my favorites. It was made even more wonderful about 62 years ago, when Jimmy and I had our first kiss under the fireworks with the Boston skyline before us. Okay maybe it wasn't that long ago. And maybe it was way after fireworks, awkwardly at the bottom of the apartment stairs with a bit too much liquid courage in our systems.  But it was still a memorable holiday! Since then we've enjoyed the holiday in all sorts of ways, but this year we decided that today we'd just enjoy it together.

Last night we traveled to Napa and ate our hearts out at Ciccio in Yountville (the cutest little Italian place you ever did see). Squash blossoms on pizza?? GENIUS. $10 for the best beef carpaccio ever? I'll take it. Rubbing shoulders with the legendary Francis Ford Coppola was fun too; I guess he eats there (hey I ain't afraid to name drop). We slept in today and enjoyed a homemade breakfast, then lounged all day by the pool just relaxing and talking about everything from summer plans and future tattoos to alien conspiracies (Jim's fave) and what's for dinner. For some reason I think this "lack of plans" holiday might end up being one of our most memorable.

I hope everyone's holiday was equally relaxing and filled with love. Happy weekend, everyone!


photo cred: LA Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).