Welcome September

Saturday, September 3, 2016



Though I usually have lots and lots of love for September, this year it's a bit tough for me to swallow. This month means the end of my maternity leave - I go back to work in a couple of weeks. In just a little over a week my baby hits the 3 month mark. It also means the end of this cherished "fourth trimester". I usually love change and I fully embrace each shifting season - it's so unfamiliar to me to be clinging on to time like this. I have a feeling it won't be the last "season" in my life that I try to cling on to.

So! In an effort to welcome my usually beloved September with open arms....here are some things I'm super excited for this month :).

1. Family camping trip. This one is big! We leave today for a week long getaway with Rowen. We rented a tow-behind camp trailer and will be heading up north to camp and explore for the week. Our first family vacation!

2. Crisper days. Our gorgeous nearby nature trails are calling my name, but it's been too hot to strap Rowen on and enjoy them. I'm hopeful that this month will bring cooler afternoons and evenings, allowing us to spend even more time outside.

3. Health! I'm anxious and ready to get back to a better physical state. I'm so proud of my body, extra poundage and all, for what it has accomplished (growing and feeding a baby and all). That said, I'm ready to feel more like myself again so I'm going to put some effort into working out and healthy eating this month.

4. Wedding planning. We are getting married in April, and after a long baby-hiatus I'm starting to get SO excited again to plan our big event!

5. Watching Rowen grow. This one is of course bitter sweet - I'm already mourning her teeny tiny squish days (and she's still pretty darn tiny and squishy). But watching her develop and start to show more and more bits of personality and love has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what joys this month brings.


Whew I feel better already. Welcome, September!

1 comment:

  1. We adore hearing from you and living vicariously through your big and tiny adventures....love always, pmom

    ReplyDelete

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).