My Summer Reading

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hallelujah, summertime is here! Even though I work through the summer at my school, the season still brings a certain summery feeling, with a slower pace, less meetings, and fewer pressing deadlines. I guess I just get excited about the changing tides of every new season - I'm all about those fresh starts. 

Recently, I went to my school library before it closed for the summer and took out about a thousand books (okay, just six) to last me the next couple of months.  Here's what I have waiting for me this summer...

           

             

              


My Summer Reading List:

H is for Hawk - Helen Macdonald
Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese
Maine - J. Courtney Sullivan
Super Sad True Love Story - Gary Shteyngart
All the Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr
The Road - Cormac McCarthy

Have you read any good books lately? I'd love to add to my list!

And in case you're hoping to add to your summer reading list, here are a few books I've read over the past few months that I highly recommend:


           

              


Still Alice - Lisa Genova
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book was amazing. Yes, heart wrenching and at sometimes hard to read, especially if you've had family members suffer from Alzheimer's as I have. But although difficult, I loved connecting briefly to the experience of Alzheimer's through Genova's incredible writing. 

The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
I'm just finishing this one up now, and it has me sucked in! It's a captivating, quick read. You'll love it if you enjoyed Gone Girl.
This one took me some time but the writing is incredibly beautiful - it takes you to another world.

Station Eleven - Emily St. John Mandel
If you're into dystopian novels as I seem to be lately, you will LOVE this one. I could not put it down. 

-------------

Jimmy and I are heading down the coast this weekend to enjoy some relaxing time off the grid in CayucosHere's to long summer nights, camping weekends, road trips, and diving into some summer reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).