Getaway Weekend :: Santa Cruz Beach House

Tuesday, April 8, 2014





I went to the beach for a girls-getaway this weekend, to celebrate a friend's birthday. I hardly knew another soul who was going to be there (besides of course, my friend), so I admit that I was a bit unsure about how it would go.  I was feeling absolutely exhausted from my work week, not quite up for the task of meeting a bunch of strangers. But still, I knew that it would probably be fun and at the very least, I'd be near the ocean - my happy place. 

Well it turns out, my weekend on the ocean surrounded by intuitive, kind and creative women was one of the most revitalizing couple of days I've had in a long time. No doubt it had something it to do with the perfect 73 degree sunshine and ocean breezes, and the sound of waves crashing 24/7. But really, it was the time spent with women that was exactly what I needed. I am a girl's girl at heart. I love to be silly, and talk about skincare and boys, and to burst out into song, and drink mimosas and bask in the sunshine. And I love to discuss career paths and relationships and goals and dreams with strong women who all have a fresh perspective to share. 

I walked out of the weekend with a relaxed smile on my face, and new friends (cue the corny *awwww*).

Favorite moments:

  • A long run in the sunshine, listening to Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In (it went with the weekend theme of "women rock") and enjoying the many rich smells (eucalyptus, wood fire, rich soil, bottle brush, low tide, sunscreen, poppies) and sights (surfers, surfers, and more surfers). 
  • Sunning on Sunny Cove Beach. Summer has officially arrive in Santa Cruz.
  • Cracking ourselves up with Ellen's app/game Heads Up.
  • Watching dolphins swim by with hot coffee and a cool breeze on the deck.
When was your last girls weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).