- No cell phones
- Very slow internet connection
- No vehicle
- Five day wardrobe
- No TV
- No income
Doesn't this list seem generally negative? I think I would have thought so if I looked at it a couple of months ago. But au contraire! I love (almost) everything on this list. It eases the mind to have limited options and less going on. It's amazing to now know so clearly the difference between things we need and things we want. We have only spent money on food since we've been here (and barely any at that), and instead we've had time to read, and learn, and spend time with our new friends and neighbors - and of course, each other. No TV means more reading, no cell phones means people need to actually be there when they say they will (how lovely!) and less clothes means no morning battle with myself over what to wear.
So with that, here is a list of the simple things that we are loving here at Barbialla:
- fresh fruits and veggies
- spending time outside every day
- kind friends and neighbors
- the delicious scent of wildflowers
- wild cherry & mulberry trees
- cute kids experiencing their first ladybug/apricot/snake in the grass
- waking up to the rooster crow
- one pot meals with 5 ingredients or less
- gardening & hiking
- books to read, sheltering arms, and a cozy bed
(To name just a few).
And here are some more simple meals and moments from our time here so far.
More to come next week - Happy Father's Day!!