A Babymoon

Thursday, May 12, 2016



What a couple of weeks it's been! 

All of a sudden a lot is hitting me all at once. We are going to be parents (don't worry this wasn't new, this has hit me on and off since we found out we were having a baby!). We will be taking this little girl home. Forever! She could be here soon. We need to get ready! We need a name. 

Also smacking me in the face lately? Exhaustion. So are aches and pains, and foot swelling, and Heartburn (with a capital H). 

Oh and work. I need to get ready for maternity leave, I need to leave my work and my team in a good place! I've been working around the clock to get things to that place. Oh and wedding! Wouldn't it be great to have all of the "big stuff" planned before baby comes? Photography, catering, guest list oh my...

Needless to say, a break was needed. 

Everyone says to make sure to spend a lot of quality time with your love before the baby comes, and I've gotta say that we've been acing that assignment. I don't think Jimmy and I have ever been so in sync. We've been making time for each other and squeezing "dates" in amid the chaos. But to put the icing on the cake, we decided we need to truly get away and do a "baby moon". 

We used a work trip of mine (to Seattle) as an excuse to pick Washington as our destination, and snuck off to a quiet cottage on Orcas Island.  Our visit consisted of ocean views, relaxed mornings on the deck, wildlife sightings and ice cream. Lots of ice cream. 

Thank you, tiny island for providing your adorable tiny-home away from our tiny home! It's just what we needed.










No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).