Wish I Was There Photo Contest – #AFWishIWasThere

Friday, February 28, 2014

Remember the other day when I was getting all excited about making summer plans? I've been daydreaming about traveling like crazy! So what better timing to go down memory lane with Al Fresco Holidays' "Wish I Was There" photo contest. 

They want to see a photo of a travel memory that brings you happiness. If you want to join, just share a photo of the destination you wish you were right now and tag it #AFWishIWasThere.

Here is my "I Wish I Was There" travel photo:


Because I just can't help myself. I almost always wish I was in Tuscany.  This photo was from one of our first hikes at Barbialla Nuova, so when I look at it I get not only a feeling of wishing to be in that place, but also a feeling of wishing to be at that time. It was the beginning of a fresh start, with so much time and freedom (and wine and mozzarella) in our future.  I remember starting in disbelief at that horizon and sunset and realizing that in Tuscany, time slows down. The sun seemed to be taking it's sweet time sinking below the hill, and I didn't mind one bit. I wanted to soak in every last warm moment of it before slowly retreating to our home and slowly sipping Chianti as I slowly cooked lentils and fresh arugula and tomatoes from the garden. 

  • Tweet your happiest photo memory to @AlFrescoHols using the hashtag #AFWishIWasThere
  • Post your picture on Instagram using the hashtag #AFWishIWasThere
  • E-mail your photo into alfrescoholidayscompetition@gmail.com

Bonus: To gain five extra entries and increase your chances of winning, you can write a blog post mentioning the competition with a description of your holiday and the story behind the photo.
I can't wait to see all of the photos on Instagram - I love to walk down everyone else's memory lanes almost as much as my own! ;)
Happy weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).