|(one more from our visit to the Sierras)|
I'm so excited for the weekend coming up. Is October the best month ever or what?? It makes me so happy. Pretty colors. Bright sky. Cool evenings and warm days. Snuggling. Pumpkins. I hope you get a chance to enjoy all of these things and more this weekend!
Here are a couple of links for a Friday:
- If you don't like the menu, leave the restaurant. This mindset is selfish yet thoughtful, and it's something I've been playing by lately. When there are so many amazing, happy-inducing things in this world, why waste time and energy on restaurants/books/people/jobs that don't make you happy?
- I've been looking for this - a recipe for natural homemade wood polish.
- I just signed up for the Wisdom 2.0 Conference coming up this February - I'm so pumped! It's all about an issue I've thought about and struggled with endlessly over the past few years: how to "not only live connected to one another through technology, but to do so in ways that are beneficial to our own well-being, effective in our work, and useful to the world". It's going to be great - come join me.
- These "everyday situations that are difficult for awkward people" totally crack me up. We've all been in that awkward bus/train ride situation with someone you know just not quite well enough...and #2 is hilarious, that situation is actually one of my greatest fears in life (which yes, I'm put through quite regularly).
- For people who like getting a deal: list of the best things to buy in October.
Enjoy the weekend!