Here in Cali

Sunday, January 20, 2013



Well well well. Here we are! We are officially living in California, after what feels like a lifetime of planning, prepping and dreaming. We arrived last Wednesday after waking up to pancakes in beautiful Ashland, OR and driving through beautiful northern California, then settled into our Airbnb place in Clayton, CA. I let no time go to waste, starting my new job immediately on Thursday morning. I think I'm going to love it :).

Since then, we've been exploring the beautiful area, in awe of the sunshine and warm weather, and working on finding a place to live. And I'm happy to say, I think we found it! Things are coming together, we're starting to settle in, and it feels so good. I'll be back soon with more pictures from Italia - in the meantime here's a little quote I'm loving.

Learn to like what doesn't cost much.
Learn to like reading, conversation, music.
Learn to like plain food, plain service, plain cooking.
Learn to like fields, trees, brooks, hiking, rowing, climbing hills.
Learn to like people, even though some of them may be different…different from you.
Learn to like to work and enjoy the satisfaction doing your job as well as it can be done.
Learn to like the song of birds, the companionship of dogs.
Learn to like gardening, puttering around the house, and fixing things.
Learn to like the sunrise and sunset, the beating of rain on the roof and windows, and the gentle fall of snow on a winter day.
Learn to keep your wants simple and refuse to be controlled by the likes and dislikes of others.

- Lowell C. Bennion 



2 comments:

I adore hearing from you, thanks so much for reading and leaving some love :).